Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Free Juliana!


For some reason I've been listening to a lot of Juliana Hatfield lately. Maybe it's because I just got her new CD, actually her side project, Some Girls' CD, "Crushing Love". I've had a few listens to this follow-up to 2003's predecessor "Feel It" and it sounds pretty good. (I'll review it in a couple of days) I also recently purchased Juliana's CD from last year, "Made In China" a raw, crunchy tasty treat that has to get you excited.

The past few days, I have been cruising her back catalogue and enjoying her path forward as she just turned 39 last week. In my mind, she's getting better with age, with the usual speedbumps ("Total System Failure" for example) and maybe more bitter as well, with many attacks on the music industry in her recent lyrics. If you buy Made In China, buy it directly from Juliana. In case you missed it the first time, Juliana is offering up some demos and unreleased tracks on her website with an honour system for the download guilty. These tracks are free (they do work!), but if you feel you want to donate money to her, (not a record company!) she has a Paypal link.

If you're into live Juliana, here's a link with a few older concerts and radio shows, and if you a fan of the Blake Babies and Juliana Hatfield doing cool, sometimes goofy covers go here. They are in MP3 format, so don't be trading these, I'll link you to some Bit Torrent (FLAC format) shows in uncompressed quality when I find 'em.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page